What’s my risk for Retinopathy?
It is important for your eye care provider and PCP or specialist to work together to manage diabetic retinopathy.
- Klein R, Klein BE, Moss SE, Davis MD, DeMets DL. The Wisconsin Study of Diabetic Retinopathy. II. Prevalence and risk of diabetic retinopathy when age at diagnosis is less than 30 years. Arch Ophthalmology. 1984;102(4):520-526.
- Ferris FL III, Nathan DM. Editorial. Preventing Diabetic Retinopathy Progression. Ophthalmology. 2016; 123 (9): P1840-P1842.
- Shi R, Zhao L, Wang F, et al. Effects of lipid-lowering agents on diabetic retinopathy: a Meta-analysis and systematic review. Int J Ophthalmol. 2018;11(2):287-295.
- Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group. Diabetes Care. 2000;23(8):1084-1091.
- UK Prospective Diabetes Study Group. Tight blood pressure control and risk of macrovascular and microvascular complications in type 2 diabetes. BMJ. 1998; 317(7160): 703-713.
- Knowler WC, Barrett-Connor E, Fowler SE, et al. Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin. N Engl J Med. 2002;346(6): 393-403.